Skip to content

Land Development

 We provide the following services:

  • 3D Lidar Scanning and Point Cloud Data
  • Environmental Consulting
  • Archaeological Assessments
  • Professional Planning, Planning Rationales and By-Law Amendments
  • Geotechnical Investigation
  • Official Plans, Draft Agreements and Subdivision Plans
  • Construction Stage Services

What do I need?

Our integrated team of Land Surveyors, Professional Planners and Engineers will provide a single source for all of your land development needs for any project, any size in Ontario. We provide cadastral services in Eastern Ontario including but not limited to Brockville, Leeds & Grenville, Gananoque, Kingston, Smiths Falls, Ottawa and more.

Site Plan

This is a drawing or set of drawings showing existing and proposed property information such as buildings, driveways, parking areas, pedestrian sidewalks, fences, municipal services and more. These are usually needed for building permits and must be approved before the permit is issued. 

Topographic survey

This is a survey plan that shows the existing physical features of a lot. These are often used by Engineers and Planners to show existing conditions which can be incorporated into design drawings. Topographic surveys can be very detailed, it is all dependent on the requirements from the client. Standard topographic information include elevations, contours, easements and right-of-ways, dimensions of property lines, sidewalks, fences, drainage locations including others. A checklist may be provided to client to outline topographic requirements.

As-Built Surveys & Record Drawings

These are a set of drawings usually needed during the construction process that reflect any and all changes that are made and provide an exact rendering of the finished product. These revised drawings show the process of the changes made in drawings f\during construction and also include the exact dimensions, geometry and location of all elements of work that has been completed.

Drainage Confirmation Surveys

These are used to confirm the condition of drainage systems for a property to investigate for potential issues. These could include blockages, structural issues, cracked pipes, etc. and are usually helpful when renovating properties to help identify location of drains.

Application for  Minor Variances

A minor variance is a change or permission from the specific requirements of the Town’s zoning by-law.  It is a small variation from the requirements of the zoning by-law.  The minor variance process allows a property owner the opportunity to seek permission or relief from a specific provision of the Town’s zoning by-law by applying to the Committee of Adjustment.  They are used for issues such as small changes to building setback or parking requirements…Learn More

Severence Applications & Sketches

If you wish to divide a piece of your land to create a new lot, this application would be needed to apply for consent to severe under the planning act. This is required if the property owner wants to subdivide the land or enter into a lease longer than 21 years. Each application is different, depending on the consent granting authority for the Township. A sketch is also required to be included in the application showing the extent of the severance. Once approved, the property owner may be required to create a a Reference Plan.